For more than 25 years, Foundation Communities has helped empower low-income families in greater Austin to build a better financial future. You can join our mission by volunteering with the Tax Help program.
Each year, volunteers put about $35 million back into the pockets of low- and moderate-income families in our community – refunds they use to buy food, pay outstanding bills, and save for their children's future. Our services are free and save families an estimated $5 million in tax preparation fees. In 2020, our tax sites expect to serve more than 20,000 individuals and families. To do this, we need a team of more than 600 volunteers!
No previous tax preparation experience is necessary. We'll provide all the training you need. Don't want to prepare taxes? There are options for you, too! We are also looking for Client Liaisons and Spanish/English Translators.
Whether you're looking to build your skills and experience, make new friends, build your professional network, or to simply contribute your time to the community, this opportunity provides a substantial and meaningful way to volunteer. And if you're a CPA or Enrolled Agent, you may be eligible for free continuing education credits with no pre-requisite requirements.
Sign up now to receive upcoming announcements about training in December and January!
Find the volunteer application at https://foundcom.org/volunteer-with-tax-help-program/, or contact Jackie Cuéllar at Jackie.Cuellar@foundcom.org for more information.
• Convenient tax center locations that offer daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
• Resources and staff support at each tax center - you never serve alone
• Hands-on, real-world experience working with the public
• See your direct impact in real-time as clients walk away with completed tax returns
• Meet and network with other community-minded volunteers
• Reference letters for volunteers who meet service requirements